Dental Implants – East Islip, NY
Dentistry’s Best Answer for Tooth Loss
Patients who are missing any number of teeth have a strong, beautiful alternative to bridges, partials, or full dentures. Dental implants mimic the roots to create a more natural tooth replacement option that will improve your smile and your lifestyle. They look, feel, and function like natural teeth because they create a titanium anchor, mimicking tooth roots and attaching to the jawbone. Implants can anchor dental crowns, bridges, partials, or full dentures to eliminate slipping. Call the dental team at East Islip Dental Care to find out more or schedule a dental implant consultation. We’ll evaluate your smile and help you determine whether or not dental implants are the right tooth replacement solution for your unique smile.
Why Choose East Islip Dental Care for Dental Implants?
- Implant placement & restoration provided under one roof
- Able to replace any number of teeth for a lifetime
- 98% success rate
Dental Implant Placement
After a thorough evaluation, your East Islip dentist and team can tell you whether you’re a candidate for dental implants. Dental implant restorations require adequate bone structure and soft tissue volume for placement. The first stage of the implant-supported tooth replacement procedure involves oral surgery in which a titanium post is implanted into the jawbone for each missing tooth or for the new teeth that will anchor a bridge or denture. Following the surgical implant placement, nature will take its course, allowing your bone and soft tissue to fuse with the titanium post, mimicking the lost tooth roots. This creates a solid foundation for any number of replacement teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Once the implants are secured, your dentist will attach a handcrafted, permanent dental crown, fixed bridge, or denture. The restorations will match your natural teeth and blend seamlessly with your smile. By imitating an entire natural tooth from the root up, dental implants offer a prosthetic that closely mimics nature. The result? Dental implant patients enjoy restored function, which delivers a variety of benefits, including:
- A healthy diet with a variety of foods, even those that are hard-to-chew
- Speech may also improve due to the improved stability of the restoration
- Strong and secure, your new smile will boost your confidence, enhance your appearance, and improve your quality of life!
Dental Implant Restoration
One or more dental implant posts can be used to support any number of replacement teeth. In most cases, we will recommend the following:
- One tooth – a dental crown anchored to an implant can be used to replace one tooth
- Consecutive teeth – two fused-together crowns may be supported by the same dental implant, but to replace two or more consecutive teeth, you may need two implants, one at each end, of a fixed bridge restoration
- Numerous teeth – to replace several consecutive or nonconsecutive teeth, a partial denture is crated to fit between remaining healthy teeth and supported by two to four implant posts
- Full row of teeth – to replace an entire arch of teeth, a full denture can be anchored to four to six implant posts
Dental implants in East Islip are a preferred solution for replacing missing teeth. Why? Because it is a versatile treatment that can replace one, multiple, or even all your teeth! With All-On-4 implants, we can replace an entire arch of teeth using 4 implant posts that are anchored into your jawbone and a customized denture, giving you a beautiful, seamless smile.
If you’re missing multiple teeth, you may think that dental implants are beyond your reach. Think again! Even if you’ve lost all of your teeth, dental implants can help you regain your smile’s full function, strength, and beauty. Instead of replacing each individual tooth, we can place four to six posts strategically in the arch and attach your dentures to this solid foundation. That way, you don’t have to endure those awkward situations when dentures can slip.
Am I a Candidate?
No treatment is right for every patient. However, if you meet the following qualifications, you may be a good candidate for dental implant restoration:
- Missing one or more teeth
- Relatively good overall health
- Adequate jawbone density and gum tissue volume to support implants
- Willing to invest the time and money in this advanced reconstructive option
Cost of Dental Implants
Because dental implants are a more complex treatment, it’s easy to customize the treatment to your exact specifications. Thanks to advancements in modern dentistry, making implants viable for more patients is also possible. That means certain preparatory treatments can help restore your bone tissue or prevent future development of gum disease, two aspects that must be considered during your consultation. During this appointment, we’ll go over the costs of your treatment in greater detail.