Dental Insurance – East Islip, NY
Helping You Achieve Your Best Smile
Dental insurance is an excellent tool to help defray the cost of dentistry. With a focus on prevention, your insurance can help you keep up-to-date on your routine appointments so you can avoid many dental issues such as tooth decay and gum disease over the years.
Dental insurance can be difficult to understand and tricky to navigate, especially because every plan is different. At East Islip Dental Care, our knowledgeable team is here to answer your questions and help you receive the high-quality dentistry you deserve.
We encourage you to call us if you have questions about your particular plan, but here are some of the standard things you should know about dental insurance in East Islip.
How Dental Insurance Works
Every dental plan is unique, even when it’s within the same company such as Aetna or Cigna, for example. Here are some standard qualities you can expect from your plan, although we strongly encourage patients to confirm available benefits with their provider first:
- Most plans will cover preventive care appointments at 100%. This means that there is typically no out-of-pocket cost to you when you come in for your six-month cleaning and checkups.
- Minor restorative treatment such as dental fillings is usually covered at a percentage around 70% to 80%.
- Major restorative treatment (including crowns, bridges, and dentures) is typically covered at around 50%.
What is the Difference Between Medical and Dental Insurance?
Unlike dental insurance, which is focused on prevention, medical insurance is typically utilized when you are sick or injured.
The reason that your dental insurance covers preventive appointments at 100% is because we understand that regular dental visits can help your dentist to detect many issues early on before they become bigger problems. This allows you to utilize less costly and more non-invasive treatment procedures.
In-Network vs Out of Network
Your dental plan has a network of dentists that participate with it. The insurance companies that East Islip Dental Care participates with are:
- Aetna PPO
- Aetna Access Plan (discount plan)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Brown & Brown (aka Fitzharris)
- Careington 500 Series
- Cigna Access Plan (discount plan)
- Cigna PPO
- DDS (Building Trades Welfare Plan) *Associates only
- Delta Dental PPO/Premier
- Dental Network of America (DNOA)
- DHA (Dental Health Alliance)
- Emblem Preferred Plus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield (200/300 only/XPO)
- Fitzharris & Co.
- GHI/Emblem (Preferred Plus only)
- Guardian PPO
- Horizon / Rayant
- JJ Stanis
- Liberty Plan (Guardian Fee Schedule)
- Physicians Mutual
- Suffolk County Municipal Employees
- United Concordia (not Tri-care )
- United Healthcare PPO (not Community Plan)
Out of Network
It’s important to understand that even if you don’t see your insurance company listed here, it doesn’t mean that you can’t see our dentists. It just means that there may be different percentages of coverage with an out of network provider. With many plans, the difference between in-network and out of network coverage is minimal, and we are happy to research your plan to determine your specific coverage and how you can best utilize your benefits.
At East Islip Dental Care, we are committed to providing you and your family with excellent dental care, which includes helping you understand your dental insurance benefits so you can maximize them and get the treatment you need. Give us a call today to learn more about your dental insurance.