Dentures & Partial Dentures – East Islip, NY
Fill in the Gaps for Good
At East Islip Dental Care, our team can help you restore your smile – no matter how damaged it is! For patients with missing teeth, eating and speaking can be difficult, and smiling for family photos may seem like a thing of the past. Thanks to beautiful, natural-looking full and partial dentures from our East Islip practice, patients can regain their smiles and confidence. Our patients benefit from the knowledge and skill of our accomplished dentists. We have years of experience in dental prosthetics and are dedicated to providing dentures that look and fit like original teeth. Contact us today to schedule an appointment, or if you have any questions.
Why Choose East Islip Dental Care for Dentures & Partial Dentures?
- Decades of tried-and-true clinical expertise
- Made using lightweight, strong & natural-looking materials
- Traditional removable & implant-retained dentures available
Partial Dentures – The Missing Pieces in a Dental Puzzle
Many patients are familiar with crown and bridge treatments that replace between 1 and 3 consecutive teeth. Full dentures replicate a complete upper or lower arch – but for patients missing several nonconsecutive teeth, the solution may not be as well-known. At East Islip Dental Care, our team provides these patients with partial dentures, often referred to simply as partials, to replace any number of consecutive and nonconsecutive missing teeth without damaging your remaining dental structure.
How Partials Work
1. Patients are examined by our dental team to determine if their remaining teeth are healthy and stable.
2. Impressions are taken of the patients’ bite and sent to our dental lab.
3. Skilled ceramists craft a unique partial denture – custom replacement teeth bonded to a gum-like base.
4. The unique partial denture is returned to East Islip Dental Care to be placed.
5. The partial denture fills in gaps left by missing teeth like a puzzle piece, locking firmly in place using clips or brackets.
Full Dentures Islip Relies on for Beautiful Smiles
Patients who are missing all the teeth on their upper or lower arch are at risk for malnutrition, have difficulty speaking clearly, and quickly begin to show signs of facial structure deterioration. Full dentures replace either the upper or lower arch of teeth or both arches with a dental prosthetic that attaches via suction or using dental adhesive to restore smiles.
How Dentures Work
1. Edentulous patients are examined by our team to ensure gum and jawbone health.
2. Impressions are taken of the patient’s bite as well as measurements to indicate the appropriate size and shape for their dental prosthetic.
3. Ceramists use these impressions and measurements to recreate a patient’s smile, setting replacement teeth into a gum-like base.
4. East Islip Dental Care receives the dental prosthetic, and patients return to have their dentures fitted snugly.
5. Once dentures are fitted, they should receive routine care and reshaping at our office.
Implant-Supported Dentures or Partials
For patients who want a versatile, durable, and permanent tooth loss solution, implant-supported full or partial dentures are ideal. This tooth replacement option restores not just the visible parts of teeth, but the root of the tooth as well.
How Implant-Retained Dentures Work
1. Patients visit our office for a thorough examination of any remaining teeth, gum tissue, and jawbone density with a skilled periodontist or oral surgeon.
2. If we determine that dental implants are a good option, we will plan the optimum location for dental implant placement by a periodontist or oral surgeon.
3. Titanium implant posts are surgically placed below the gum line, mimicking the missing tooth root.
4. The patient allows several months to heal and give the implant time to fuse with the jawbone.
5. Once the fusion process, known as osseointegration, is completed, patients return to have their full or partial dentures permanently attached to the implant posts.
Find out More about Dentures Long Island Residents Trust
If you’re interested in how dentures from East Islip Dental Care can help patients from all of Long Island regain their dental health and confidence, call our skilled team today.